Friday, November 25, 2011

Wolfing Run Happenings

Delores, Ellis, and Bjarne have all died. D: I don't see how; Ellis was a very young Norn--he actually hatched sometime in the last update, he was the egg Delores was pregnant with in her picture--and Delores was a little over an hour old, while the average lifespan of a Norn is 5 hours and 39 minutes or longer. Perhaps she had a genetic defect she spread to Ellis? They all lived good lives, and now Bjarne may join his twin brother Bunpachirou in the...cyberspace afterlife? Where do Norns go when they die? *ponder ponder*
I exported Akifumi for 3 reasons:
  1. He is my only purebred Kawari Norn, and their breed has no egg files so I cannot hatch another.
  2. He is quite old--actually ancient, at 5 hours and 21 minutes old.
  3. I would like to be able to observe him in a less populated world. 
Three new ones have hatched to take their places, though: welcome Fusami, who hatched a few moments ago, Ellitrud, and Flavius! Flavius is our first Generation 6 Norn. Welcome aboard!
...I'm going to have to make another collage soon. This really isn't a good organizational method for such a large and changing population.^ ^;




Meanwhile, everyone's decided that the space between the door and the food dispenser is no longer the place to be and have migrated to the bottom floor of the Meso!
Actually not a bad choice--there's plenty of food there without having to crowd in one spot and there's the Computer, too, which they'll hopefully discover sooner rather than later. They currently seem to be content to just flock like sheep...thankfully they're a docile bunch, and probably won't find it great fun to slap one another within an inch of their lives.


In the next room, I found Danyal and Eberta, who seem to be frozen in place. I don't think they're going to be too promising.
Beside them rested little Denise, who had separated herself from her tribe and seemed eternally delighted. I sent her back to her room, where she's started to pace around, still elated.



The tribe goes well. Betty noticed my presence and announced that she's feeling friendly--good grief, you just laid an egg a few minutes ago! She's already laid eighteen eggs and is pregnant with her 19th--you can see one of them behind her, it's due to hatch any minute now--is 4 hours and 6 minutes old, and still is quite fertile. I am amazed by her! Were I to have a system of one-female-only Wolfing Runs, she would be a fine queen.

I found Denise with a look of horror on her face. My first suspicion was that she was being attacked, but the HoverDoc reported that she was without pain. My other suggestions were that she was shocked by her childhood aqua coat, she was trying to sing, or that she had realized the meaning of life, but then I checked again--she was starving! She made her way to the Justanut plant and munched away, returning to a look of calm. She donned her expression of fear the next time she got hungry, and it went away after she ate--Denise has a genetic mutation that is causing her to feel fear when she's hungry! I've never seen this case before. I will swiftly locate an agent to confirm or deny my conclusion.

"LOL rivalry!"
Constantin and Denbe are in the middle of a bitter war over who owns the lemon vendor. Ewald seems to find this to be quite amusing.

Current population: 16 males, 8 females, Generation 6

No comments:

Post a Comment