Monday, August 6, 2012

[Creatures] Mapping Out the Constellations

Cheesy title is cheesy.
But enough of cheese! I have figured out what I was doing wrong: using the Genetics Kit to try to decipher the genes. Instead, I used the Gene Compare tool, thus allowing me to not only read what was going on, but to also see how different a Norn is from their parents or how much they've deviated from their original breed!

Genetics Study: Constellation

What I have done for my first study is this: I took Constellation's genes and compared them to those of a basic Fimbul Norn. Aside from discovering that she becomes mildly bored when hit by a Norn and mildly cold when patted by a Norn, I have learned the cause of her Chronic Homesickness Disorder.

Reached peak of smell 15 (70) causes sig=0 GS neu=0 int=0, ,,,48 => -124*Comfort + 5*Boredom + 0*<NONE> + 0*<NONE>

Smell 15 is identified as "Norn home smell". When she identifies it, it makes her intensely uncomfortable, it seems. (and a little bored, too.) When a Norn is uncomfortable, that makes them homesick, but when she identifies her home, it makes her more uncomfortable, and the miserable cycle continues. I'm not sure if there's a way to help her with it. Maybe keeping her constantly distracted will help matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment